The Embrace Yoga Studio yoga teacher training program is an opportunity for you to dive deep into self-study of general hatha and flow yoga. Our program will cover yoga postures, ethics, philosophy, breath work, history, anatomy, meditation, restorative yoga, yoga for PTSD, hot yoga, yoga for special populations, and many more aspects of yoga to give you a well-rounded experience.
The course will provide you with an integrative, thorough instruction in yoga technique, anatomy, and comparative philosophy designed to bring you a greater understanding of the practice of yoga and how it fits into your modern-day life. You will also refine your understanding of yourself in all levels of body, mind and spirit. We will cover teaching methodology – verbal cueing, demonstration, sequencing, modifications, class observations, and the business of yoga. Through the experiences, lessons and techniques of this established and proven program, you will acquire the confidence to communicate, precisely and skillfully, the practice of yoga to all levels with your own unique voice and style.
Graduates of our program have described a profound shift in their lives toward a greater sense of wholeness and connection. Take your practice to a deeper level whether you want to teach or not! This program is a truly life-enhancing experience!
Lead Teachers: Katherine Huynh, Owner, E-RYT, Reiki Master, Dave Wood, E-RYT, RYT 500, and Dr. Ashley Chandler, DPT, CYT
When does your next training start?
We are going into our sixth year of yoga teacher training. We meet on Fridays at 6:30-9 pm, Saturdays 11-8pm and Sundays 8-4pm
Jan 11- 13, 2019, Feb 8 -10, 2019, Mar 8-10, 2019, Apr 12-14, 2019, May 10-12, 2019, June 7-9, 2019, July 12-14, 2019, Aug 9-11, 2019 and Sept 13-15, 2019
What is the cost?
- $2900 paid over 3 installments due by January, April, and August
- $2750 paid in full by January 12, 2019
- $2500 early bird by December 31, 2018
- No refund after the program begins.
- Upon acceptance into the program, $500 will reserve your spot and is payment towards the tuition.
- If you are a military spouse, you may qualify for the MyCAA program. The MyCAA program is a career development and employment assistance program offered by the military for military personnel and their spouses. MyCAA provides a maximum educational benefit of $4,000.
What are the requirements?
- Attend a class at Embrace Yoga to make sure our studio is where you want to continue your yoga journey.
- Fill out an Application and send to: Katherine@embraceyogastudio.com. A completed application does not guarantee acceptance.
- Be at least 18 years old.
- First 14 applicants that qualify for the program with the following prerequisites being met:
- At least 2 years of consistent practice with any live teacher (or many teachers) in any style of Hatha Yoga (this is so you don’t apply with only DVD or video learning)
- to want to safely teach yoga
- a desire to physically, mentally and spiritually enhance your yoga practice
- a desire to broaden your belief of what yoga is
- a desire to live your yoga on and off the mat
- a desire to open your mind and heart
- Complimentary classes at Embrace Yoga Studio will be available for the duration of training.
- Support + mentorship that will last beyond the training.
- Upon completion, graduates of the YTT are eligible to register with Yoga Alliance.
What is the reading list?
- Yoga Anatomy 2nd Edition by Leslie Kaminoff and Amy Matthews
- Teaching Yoga: Essential Foundations and Techniques by Mark Stephens and Mariel Hemingway
- Yoga Sequencing: Designing Transformative Yoga Classes by Mark Stephens
- Teaching Yoga by Donna Farhi
- The Heart of Yoga: Developing a Personal Practice by T.K.V. Desikachar
- The Athlete’s Guide to Yoga: An Integrated Approach to Strength, Flexibility, and Focus by Sage Rountree
- The Yoga Handbook, An Inspirational Reference for Teaching and Home Practice, Stephanie Keach
What is the curriculum?
- Techniques, Training & Practice
Flow, Vinyasa, Meditation, Restorative, Ashtanga, Pre/Postnatal, Kids, Seniors, Partner, Yin, Alignment Based, Chair , Pranayama, and many more!
- Teaching Methodology
Sequencing, transitions, qualities of a teacher, hands on assists and adjustments, classroom management, use of props and modifications, class planning, clear verbal communication, and demonstration.
- Anatomy & Physiology
Multi-media presentations on human anatomy and physiology, the energetic body (chakras and meridians), and benefits and contraindications of the family of poses such as forward folds, backbends, twists, and more.
- Yoga Philosophy, Lifestyle and Ethics
8 limbs of yoga, teaching/student ethics, the business of yoga, Yoga Sutras and other texts, introduction to Ayurveda and the doshas, and how to develop and sustain a personal practice – on and off the mat.
Actual teaching, giving and receiving feedback, observing classes, course project and written assignments.